- General accounting duties for assigned companies
- Control over records integrity and accuracy
- Ensure compliance with accounting procedures (IFRS), the SOL Group’s policies and local legislation.
- Maintain General Ledger and related sub-ledgers
- Reconcile monthly assigned balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile Bank Statements
- Prepare monthly Cash Flow Statements
- Ensure all suppliers’ invoices including intercompany charges and payment instruments are processed on a timely basis
- Analyze and review accounting codes to record payments and accounting transactions in compliance with accounting principles. Ensure that documents (contract agreements, purchase orders, etc.) are approved in compliance with the Manual of Authorities and company policies
- Prepare monthly management accounts and related variance analyses for management in accordance with group deadlines
- Prepare Accounts reconciliations as assigned
- Provide accounting assistance to other team members in Accounting, Finance and Other departments as well as auditors as required
- Assists in resolving discrepancies and outstanding issues on assigned accounts
- Ensure adequate filing of Accounting and other Financial Documents
- Assist with month-end close and any other tasks as requested
- Assist with special projects requested by Management
- University degree in Accounting and 3-5 years’ experience (Accounting qualification such as ACCA or CPA required).
- Sound knowledge of business controls.
- Relevant experience with Excel and IT systems (Great Plains experience an asset).
OTHER COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, possess strong analytical, accounting and procedural skills and ability to get things done on time.
- Possess sense of initiative and ability to excel in a flexible, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Applications are to be submitted by completing the SOL Job Application Form available on the SOL website at www.solpetroleum.com and submitted via e-mail to email@example.com ; Subject line: Accountant
Certified copies of relevant certificates will be requested for those applications under consideration. Persons applying for this position must be residents of the Cayman Islands. Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.