University College of the Cayman Islands and Cayman Enterprise City is looking for an instructor to teach our Code 101: Intro to Coding & Careers in Tech workshop. This person must have a strong aptitude and desire to help people change their lives and enter the world of professional software development through instruction and guidance.
This is a hands-on instruction role. This will be the student’s first interaction with Software Development so it’s a unique opportunity to spark interest for new aspiring coders. You will work closely with Code Fellows headquarters and Education team to ensure delivery of the best possible learning experience for students in your market.
Skills & Abilities
- 2+ years professional software development experience
- Professional experience as an instructor or educator, including experience teaching students how to code, recent relevant coding coursework as a student, or demonstrated coding ability
- Experience coaching and developing a team of instructors and/or software developers desired
- Great organization skills and ability to keep multiple projects and tasks on track at once
- Ongoing interest in new technologies
Service – promotes the social and intellectual growth of all students at UCCI
Professionalism – recognizes diversity in UCCI’s organizational culture; understand department and UCCI policies, and promotes an environment conducive to learning; demonstrates a professional conduct in discussing and dealing with internal issues; maintains balance of work and personal life while engaging in new knowledge to enhance personal growth and skills; and adheres to UCCI policies regarding social conduct, attendance and dress code.
Privacy and Confidentiality – engage in a confidential and professional manner all conversations, written and electronic information regarding students and in accordance with UCCI’s privacy and legal requirements.
Communication – maintains good relationships with UCCI’s clients including the students, visitors, and other colleagues, even when facing pressure situations and when confronted.
Commitment to colleagues – shows respect for colleagues; and provides constructive feedback when needed.
- Ensure the best possible, highest quality learning environment for students
- Instruct according to the guidelines and rules set forth in the Code Fellows Instructor Handbook
- Proactively assist student learning in-person and online
- Be available to students outside of class, in person, as needed
- Effectively manage and leverage the assistance of TAs
- Evaluate assignments and provide meaningful feedback
- Alert the Company to any significant student issues that arise right away to pull in support, help, and provide resources
- Support other instructors and teaching assistants with the curriculum, as appropriate
- Record student performance and report to admissions/headquarters staff for record keeping
- Attend community tech events on occasion
- Contribute content for the com blog on occasion
If interested please email email@example.com