The Data Analyst is involved with the development, design, implementation, rollout and support of reporting services to expedite data analysis and provide business intelligence to the Maples Group.
In this role you will be instrumental in defining and driving data management and analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to drive, influence and participate in planning and development in an evolving agile environment. Maples Technology is a small dynamic team, and you will be expected to contribute to multiple streams of work in a high pressure but exciting environment
• Helps drive and develop data management and analysis in an
agile environment, evaluating the impact of changes and updates to source production systems.
• Instrumental in the development design and testing of the reporting environment, including data sources, security, master data and metadata management.
• Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data cleansing and data quality initiatives.
• Evolves data models to meet new and changing business
requirements in collaboration with the business and development teams to support the generation of reports from single or multiple systems.
• Supports and develops the reporting infrastructure by identifying and revising reporting requirements.
• Maintains and troubleshoots the reporting environment and repositories, including the commissioning and decommissioning
of data sets and the management of user access and provisioning
• Develops reports and analysis through the access and processing of confidential data and information according to guidelines.
• Monitors performance and quality control to identify opportunities for improvement; identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Bachelor’s degree plus experience as a Data Analyst, Business Information Analyst or other comparable role.
• Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide solution recommendations across a number of applications, data definitions, integrations, and varieties of infrastructure.
• Experience in methodologies and processes for handling large data sets and managing large scale relational databases.
• Knowledge of and experience applying data protection, confidentiality and security principles to data and reports.
• High-level written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms and to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
Knowledge of and experience with the full Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), and exposure to Power BI is highly desirable.
• Demonstrates a high level of analytical skills and quality in work products, diligence in analysis performed and accuracy in statements made.
• Appropriate data analysis training/qualifications are preferred (CDMP, CBIP, CBAP, etc.)
• Experience of working in an Agile environment is desirable.
Has worked in and feels comfortable with international, virtual, multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, and high performance working teams.
We offer a supportive environment, structured on a team basis. Benefits include 4 weeks vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and pension plan. Salary will reflect qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants should write, enclosing their CVs, to Careers.IT@maples.com quoting reference: Cayman Islands – Data Analyst. Only successful candidates will be contacted