The Data Analyst will be located in the Cayman Islands and is involved with the development, design, implementation, rollout and support of reporting services to expedite data analysis and provide business intelligence to the Maples Group.
As part of the data management team, you will take responsibility for the provisioning of reports and data driven analysis to the business to support decision making and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of popular data analysis tools and databases.
You will be instrumental in defining and driving data management and analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to drive, influence and participate in planning and development in an evolving agile environment. Maples Technology is a small dynamic team, and you will be expected to contribute to multiple streams of work in a high pressure but exciting environment.
Core Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus experience as a Data Analyst, Business Information Analyst or other comparable role.
- Willing to relocate to the Cayman Islands
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide solution recommendations across a number of applications, data definitions, integrations, and varieties of infrastructure.
- Experience in methodologies and processes for handling large data sets and managing large scale relational databases.
- Knowledge of and experience applying data protection, confidentiality and security principles to data and reports.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms and to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings. Knowledge of and experience with the full Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), and exposure to Power BI is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates a high level of analytical skills and quality in work products, diligence in analysis performed and accuracy in statements made.
- Appropriate data analysis training/qualifications are preferred (CDMP, CBIP, CBAP, etc.)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment is desirable.
- Has worked in and feels comfortable with international, virtual, multi-cultural, multi-disciplined,and high performance working teams.