IT Project Manager
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, lead and execute IT projects. This includes coordinating team members, internal resources and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver business change. The candidate will work closely with the cross functional teams, communicate the needs and priorities, and also work with key stake holders to ensure expectations are managed, and the project delivered to satisfaction
- Managing both large and small technology projects life cycle using appropriate methodologies (waterfall, agile etc).
- Agree and document project scope with business colleagues, product owners and delivery teams
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings, keeping teams focused on committed outcomes
- Report project progress, issues, and risks through status reports for IT and Business management teams
- Manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans
- Managing multiple work streams in parallel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) experience
- Plus 3 years’ experience as an IT Project Manager delivering a wide variety of infrastructure / operational / software projects
- Strong familiarity with agile and waterfall methodologies
- Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure / Operations
- Have a good knowledge with ITIL and other IT service management methodologies
- Excellent presentation skills
- PRINCE 2 / PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a law firm or other professional service industry
We offer a supportive environment, structured on a team basis. Benefits include 4 weeks vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and pension plan. Salary will reflect qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants should write, enclosing their CVs, to Careers.IT@maples.com quoting reference: Cayman Islands – IT Project Manager
Only successful candidates will be contacted.