|Reports to:||Group Manager, Finance|
|Subordinates:||No direct reports, will be working with team of analysts|
|Purpose:||Reporting to Group Manager, Finance, the Manager, FP&A will be a key member of the FP&A team, will provide support to the Group Manager and working closely the Senior Management Team, Finance Teams, and other teams within Sol’s operations as a key business partner.
The Manager will own and oversee various financial planning, modelling and analysis mandates and will work closely with various finance departments and operational teams to meet FP&A goals and objectives. The Manager will be a key business partner working directly with management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations and develop reports to drive the business. Depending on the deliverable, the Manager will be supported by the Analysts within the team. The Manager will review the work of Analysts and provide coaching to the team to ensure high quality of work product.
The Manager will manage routine deliverables as well as be involved with continuous improvement projects as well as ad-hoc finance projects throughout the year.
|Principle Accountabilities:||Working with the Group Manager, Finance and the team and other stakeholders within the company, the Manager, FP&A will be performing the following functions:
Forecasting and Modelling
· Build and maintain a robust corporate model that forecasts income statements, cash flows and balance sheet of the full company and supply division for multiple years using Excel, Anaplan or OneStream
· Review and manage the 24-month forecast, including EBITDA and capex.
· Assist with preparation with the preparation of the 5-year strategic plan
· Manage the annual budgeting process and deliver the annual budget.
· Manage and perform quantitative analysis on a wide variety of matters to help management in decision making, including capex spending decisions, business tenders, supply analysis, and review of market/business line performance.
· Review the monthly, quarterly and annual actual vs. budget and KPI and performance analysis for the company, supply division, and various business lines.
· Review dashboards, actual vs. budget results analysis, KPI analysis and other analysis prepared by the team and ensure they are user-friendly and meaningful to the business.
· Provide financial insights and recommendations to drive the business.
· Review management reports prepared by the FP&A team
· Develop new meaningful reports that presents complex financial analysis in a concise and user-friendly way that would be of high value to operations and the business.
· Assist with preparation of management and board decks.
· Drive continuous improvement in reporting including automating reports and reduce reporting time.
Other FP&A deliverables and projects
· Own, drive or be involved in other FP&A deliverables, special / ad-hoc projects, analyses, and continuous improvement initiatives as required.
· Implementing technology, automation & tools to ensure success.
· Review the work of the team and provide continuous coaching, feedback and developmental training to ensure personal growth in team members and high operational excellence and quality. Work towards developing and elevating team members.
· Promote and build Parkland’s culture of BOLD and Commercial Intensity. Support a people culture of high engagement, high performance and high teaming spirit.
|BOLD Behaviours and Values||· Be an ambassador and supporter of our BOLD leadership behavior and values.
· When we are BOLD, we create a work environment where we can thrive and excel through continuous improvement whether we are an individual contributor, manager, director, or the senior leadership team
|Other Competency Requirements:||· Growth mindset, with the ability to learn, change and adapt quickly.
· Strong business acumen with creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to partner with the business, provide valuable insights and build new solutions to problems, while maintaining a high level of curiosity with operational and strategic thinking.
· Strong numeric, analytical, accounting and finance skills and ability to work with and analyze large quantities of complex data.
· Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work fluidly and collaboratively within remote teams from various regions and resolve conflicts quickly. Helps influence change and driving results for business efficiencies.
· Ability to project manage and keep multiple projects with varying timeliness moving ahead contemporaneously
· Ability to proactively identify and grasp issues and problems and prevent them from occurring.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to make complex issues and processes clear and understandable to key stakeholders and decision makers.
· Ability and willingness to travel or work evenings and weekends during busy periods on occasion.
· Nimble, enthusiastic and committed to problem-solve and get the job done in a fast paced, high-performing environment. Willing to "roll up sleeves" and focus on execution and meeting challenging targets as needed. Relentless focus on high quality results, attention to detail, and operational excellence.
|Qualification Requirements:||· Financial planning and analysis or equivalent experience.
· Financial modelling experience.
· Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
· Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
· Accounting/Finance Designation – CPA, CA, CFA or equivalent.
· University degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting or equivalent.
· 7+ years of experience in finance, accounting, or related areas.
· Knowledge of IFRS, OneStream, Anaplan, VIVID Reports and Think-Cell would be an asset.
|Application Procedures:||Applications are to be submitted by completing the Sol Job Application Form available on the Sol website at solpetroleum.com and submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or by 31 January, 2021. Subject line: Manager, FP&A. Applicants must complete all the requested information to be considered. Certified copies of relevant certificates will be requested for those applications under consideration. Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.|