Marketing Internship with Cayman Enterprise City
Cayman Enterprise City (CEC) is an award-winning development project which consists of three special economic zones focused on attracting knowledge-based and specialised-services businesses to set up a physical presence in the Cayman Islands. The zones included within CEC are Cayman Tech City, Cayman Commodities & Derivatives City and Cayman Maritime & Aviation City.
We are looking for a summer intern for the month of July for 4 weeks to work in the Marketing Department of CEC, with the possibility of an extension. The department’s role is to promote CEC and its three special economic zones, plus the Cayman Islands as the ideal business jurisdiction, internationally. A secondary objective of the department is to keep the local community informed of developments as the zone progresses.
The Intern’s Role
To assist the CEC Marketing Department with:
• Database development
• Social Media
• Writing blog posts
• Possibly helping arrange client and channel partner events (planning and set up)
• Brainstorming ideas for new programmes focused on youth
• Giving input on our existing youth collateral pieces and programmes
• Proof reading
• Assisting with image galleries
• Some e-filing
• Posting website content
• Other marketing and PR projects
Should be Caymanian or a resident of the Cayman Islands and between the ages of 17 and 25. Does not need to have prior marketing experience but must either be studying a marketing related degree at college or have a passion for marketing and technology. The candidate will be excellent at social media and be fast-thinking and fast-moving enough to keep up with the rapid pace of our global marketing department. The candidate will have a great ‘can do’ attitude, a smart professional appearance and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail and a good sense of humour are also impo
As part of the internship you will benefit from the following educational opportunities:
- A field trip to the see the inner workings of one of Cayman leading media houses
- Field trips to visit several zone companies
- Spending a day in each of CEC’s departments so you can learn about the inner workings of the Special Economic Zone.
- Participating in an interns’ social event where you can network with other students interning with the zone, and their respective zone company supervisors.
You will receive a reimbursement of expenses to the value of CI$400 per week and your working hours will be from 9am to 4pm Monday through Fridays.
Supervisor Contact Details
CEC Marketing Manager
+1 (345) 916 5236
Good writing skills are paramount.