Public Engagement Officer Job Description
Cayman Enterprise City (CEC) is seeking an administrative support professional to fill the newly created role of Public Engagement Officer. We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates will be required to assist with multiple projects simultaneously providing vial support to CEC’s Marketing, Outreach, and Client Services departments.
To be successful, candidates must be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. The Public Engagement Officer must excel at both verbal and written communications, be fluent in Microsoft Office, and comfortable engaging with CEC’s clients and Cayman’s diverse public. Most importantly, the candidate should have a genuine desire to foster a vibrant CEC community and reinforce CEC’s positive impact island wide.
- Handling general office administrative tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, conducting research, writing content, assisting with events, producing correspondence, maintaining contact lists, etc.
- Providing polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail
- Assisting in the development of CEC community initiatives, including but not limited to:
o Event planning and execution
o The development of a community incentives programme
o Attaining special discounts for CEC members
o Developing client onboarding and welcome packs
o Maintaining and updating CEC’s intranet
o Fostering a vibrant online community via CEC’s intranet, newsletters, social media, etc.
- Assisting in the development of Enterprise Cayman, CEC’s outreach initiatives, including but not limited to:
o Handling sponsorship requests
o Ensuring sponsorship goals, benefits, programmes, and initiatives are achieved
o Liaising with members of the community including students, parents, volunteers, educators, etc.
o Assisting with marketing and PR initiatives to promote CEC’s positive impact on Cayman’s community
o Assisting with the implementation of Enterprise Cayman initiatives such as the “Summer in the City” internship programme, The Cayman Code Academy, The CEC Jobs Portal, etc.
o Attending community events such as UCCI Stem Fair, job fairs, summer camps, workshops, and other community events
- Periodically supporting CEC clients by providing general administrative assistance
- Associate’s Degree is preferred
- 2-4 yeas demonstrable administrative experience
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office
- Attention to detail
- The ability to cope well under pressure, act with the required urgency for time sensitive tasks, and multitask
- The desire to be proactive and create positive experiences for others
- Must be able to work special events on evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential
Salary range: CI $35,000 - CI $40,000 pro rata
Deadline to apply: 30 September 2018
Please email your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org