In this role you will be working apart of a unique Global IT Hub. The role of the Scrum Master is to Facilitate SCRUM ceremonies, including but not limited to - Daily stand ups, Iteration/sprint planning, Retrospective and Demo.
• Facilitate the completion by one or more product development team's deliverables according to commitments made in sprint planning, proactively manage any blockers and escalate issues as needed
• Champion agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives
• Track and hence provide appropriate and consistent metrics, including but not limited to burndown charts and velocity measurement and tracking.
• Coach mentor and motivate team members to adopt and live agile principles of development.
• Socialising, promoting and facilitating Agile development principles in every suitable interaction.
• Management of impediments - Proactively identifying, analysing and resolving issues with the potential to impact successful delivery of the project. Devising and driving contingency plans, where required, to minimise risks and avoid crises.
• Assure the timely transition of development work into production by fully engaging with stakeholders functions as part of a planned delivery
• Demonstrable experience of previous role as a SCRUM master
• In depth understanding of Agile values and practices, specifically should have an excellent understanding of SCRUM
• Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Solid understanding of software development processes and procedures
• Solid understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Clear understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
• Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Technical experience and knowledge of platform development.
We offer a supportive environment, structured on a team basis. Benefits include 4 weeks vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and pension plan. Salary will reflect qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants should write, enclosing their CVs, to Careers.IT@maples.com quoting reference: Cayman Islands – Scrum Master
Only successful candidates will be contacted