In this role you will be working apart of a unique Global IT Hub. The role of the Scrum Master is to Facilitate SCRUM ceremonies, including but not limited to Daily stand ups, Iteration/sprint planning, Retrospective and Demo.
- Facilitate the completion by one or more product development team's deliverable's according to commitments made in sprint planning, proactively manage any blockers and escalate issues as needed
- Champion agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives
- Track and hence provide appropriate and consistent metrics, including but not limited to burn down charts and velocity measurement and tracking
- Coach mentor and motivate team members to adopt and live agile principles of development
- Socializing, promoting and facilitating agile development principles in every suitable interaction
- Management of impediments - Proactively identifying, analyzing and resolving issues with the potential to impact successful delivery of the project.
- Devising and driving contingency plans, where required, to minimize risks and avoid crises
- Assure the timely transition of development work into production by fully engaging with stakeholders functions as part of a planned delivery
- Demonstrable experience of previous role as a SCRUM master
- In depth understanding of Agile values and practices, specifically should have an excellent understanding of SCRUM
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Solid understanding of software development processes and procedures
- Solid understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Clear understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Technical experience and knowledge of platform development
We offer a supportive environment, structured on a team basis. Benefits include 4 weeks vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and pension plan. Salary will reflect qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants should write, enclosing their CVs, to Careers.IT@maples.com quoting reference: Cayman Islands – Scrum Master
Only successful candidates will be contacted.