The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the Business Analysis team based in the Cayman Islands. In addition to team leadership responsibility, they will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and implementation of specific plans and projects that are consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals. He/she will develop business cases, cost benefit analysis and plans in coordination with the business and the IT function. They will be involved with the initiation, approval and coordination of global and local initiatives as well as contributing to budgets, implementation of ad-hoc projects and reporting as required.
This post requires attention to detail, professionalism, excellent oral and written communications skills and good organisational and presentation skills. The Senior Business Analyst must have team leadership experience and be able to use his/her own initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Willing to relocate to the Cayman Islands
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems or related field plus 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or related role.
- Appropriate analysis training/qualifications required (BCS/ISEB diploma, IIBA certification). Previous experience in an agile environment will be necessary to succeed in this role.
- Experience of working as lead analyst on multiple projects in small Agile teams is ideal.
- Detailed understanding of process engineering/process analysis tools and techniques & business systems/product design methods.
- Understanding of and ability to provide project planning, status tracking, reporting, issue & risk management and change management deliverables highly desirable
- Experience managing a team of Business Analysts.
- Experience providing process & technical leadership and direction to technology initiatives.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to listen, communicate and motivate teams to achieve results. Can demonstrate the ability to manage demanding and challenging stakeholders.
- Strong background across a combination of applications, data, integrations, and infrastructure. Has worked at and feels comfortable within international, virtual, multi-cultural, multi- disciplined, high performance working teams.
- Experience working in a legal or professional services environment is preferred.
- Extensive experience using systems analysis and design methodology, with strong understanding of industry trends and tools.