Senior Software Engineer, Blockchain
The Special Economic Zone Blockchain Company is looking for a Senior or Staff Software Engineer to join their dynamic engineering team.
The systems we create support:
• Developers in the company's ecosystem ‐ we provide a distributed computation layer allowing internal and external developers to run their stream algorithms on top of the company’s platform
• Live Data Publishers‐ we provide an AI platform that allows data publishers with an efficient means to monetize their data.
What you’ll be doing:
• Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of our blockchain integration
• Holding end to end ownership of application (enable new use cases) and system (increase reliability, design disaster recovery) features
• Building (often from scratch) new distributed components for the company ecosystem (think consistency engines, authorization providers and more)
• Designing reliable and robust test, build and deployment procedures
• Supporting the adoption of the growing company's ecosystem
• Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks
• Advocating for best practices in engineering, communication and project management
• Be part of a multi‐disciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world‐class industrial‐strength distributed‐systems software
• Work with other developers, test engineers, analysts, and project managers to develop and deliver software products and solution implementations
Your background and who you are:
• 8+ years professional work experience
• 3+ years of experience with Java, or a similar programming language
• 3+ years of experience building highly‐scalable, distributed systems
• Experience in Nodejs and Solidity
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Must be proactive, self‐directed, detailed and organized
• Knowledge of Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and/or blockchain technologies is needed
• Able to work in a rapidly changing environment and to match engineering decisions with business requirement
• Hands‐on experience in maintaining a production system
• Creative problem solver able to consider and propose multiple alternatives, taking into account technical and non‐technical trade‐offs and side effects
• Some experience with trading or post‐trading systems, payment systems, or financial processing systems is preferred
• Ability to deliver results in an autonomous environment.
• High aptitude and technology‐agnostic approach to engineering
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.