About the opportunity:
The Software Developer will work as part of a Scrum team to deliver software to internal and external customers of Maples. The Software Developer will work closely with fellow developers, testers, products owners, scrum master and business stakeholders to deliver backlog items to the highest quality standards.
The Software Developer will use test driven development (TDD), appropriate design patterns and SOLID principles. The Software Developer will be responsible for writing unit, integration and GUI tests. The Software Developer will be responsible for code reviews and associated testing of backlog items. The Software Developer will be responsible for maintaining and improving the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline. The Software Developer will be expected to suggest and implement enhancements to the existing processes, technology and techniques utilised by the team.
The Software Developer will be responsible as part of a team for deployments to, monitoring and support of production environments.
The Software Developer will be given the opportunity to work with the latest techniques and technology in a professional and supportive environment.
- Work with Product Owners to create acceptance criteria for Product Backlog Items.
- Work with Product Owners to provide estimates for Product Backlog Items.
- Work with Testers to define Test Scripts for Product Backlog Items and Regression Test Scripts.
- Work with Developers to break down Product Backlog Items into Implementation Tasks.
- Implement solutions for Product Backlog Items with high test coverage and good architecture.
- Provide Wiki articles for colleagues to share knowledge.
- Write Integration and GUI tests as appropriate.
- Provide feedback to the Scrum team for continuous improvement of process and procedures.
- Work with Junior Developers to provide training and mentoring.
- Identify and implement existing, new and emerging technology that improves quality or cycle time.
- Must be amenable to working “out of office hours” and able to travel to other offices as necessary.
- Assist with any other duties/projects that may be assigned from time to time.
Core Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in production software development (specifically in the Microsoft Web stack).
- .Net Framework 4.6.1 and / or 5
- TDD and Pairing
- Scrum / Agile
- ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI
- Entity Framework
Additional Skills and Experience
- Team Foundation Server
- Git Source Control
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Selenium WebDriver
- Octopus Deploy
Training will be on going based on individual and the firm's needs and changes to any relevant local laws ensuring compliance at all times.